History of Estonian Reserve Officers’ Association (EROA)
Founded: 22 June 1997 the Battle School of the Estonian Defence Forces in Meegomäe, Võru County.
Founders: Participants of the first two voluntary reserve officers training courses ROK 1 and ROK 2.
Grounds for establishment: common understanding of the need to improve the reputation of the Estonian Defence Forces and increase the will of defence of the Estonian nation, assistance to Estonia’s integration with NATO.
Historical background: EROA considers itself the legal successor of the Central Council of Reserve Officers’ Section (founded on 23 June 1933).
Representation: EROA became CIOR
associate members in
06.02.1999 and full member 22.05.2004 when The Republic of Estonia became member of NATO.
- The first Chairman of the Management Board: Captain Kaido Pihlakas (1997 - 2000)
- The second Chairman of the Management Board: Captain Lauri Einre (2000-2003)
- The third Chairman of the Management Board: Major Heino Piirsalu (2003-2007)
- The fourth Chairman of the Management Board: Lieutenant Vello Väinsalu (2007-2008)
- The fifth Chairman of the Management Board: Liutenant Commander Toomas Peek (2009 -2015)
- The current Chairman of the Management Board: Major Andre Lilleleht (2015 - present)